Announcement - Camp America Storyteller 2018

For those of you who don't know, I'm doing Camp America this year!



In America, sending kids to camp for the summer is tradition, like in Lindsay Lohan's best work, 'Parent Trap'. Some camps are day camps, where the parents drop them off and then pick them up at the end of the day, whereas others are overnight camp, where the kids have tents or log cabins to sleep in with their fellow campers.



During the days they do activities, like dance, canoeing, archery and arts and craft, and then by night camp fire songs and smores, and obviously, lots of fun and laughter in-between. Most camps will have a lake, so water sports like swimming and kayaking are common, especially in the summer months when it's warm and sunny outside!

Camp America itself is a cultural exchange programme which enables English young adults to work on a camp in America for the summer, meeting like-minded people and learning about the American culture, all whilst having the 'best summer ever!'



The exciting news is that I've been placed at Camp Alleghany for Girls in West Virginia. I fly out to Washington on 10th June and will travel to camp from there. I'll be at camp for 8 weeks working primarily as a Dance Counselor, but also assisting with acting, singing and sports/fitness, sleeping in platform tents with my four assigned campers.

Look at the gorgeous mountains I'll be camping next to!


But the MOST exciting news is that I have also been chosen to be a Camp America Storyteller for my time in America, meaning I get to share my summer with all of you who are interested in what you get up to on a summer camp through my social media! I will be using my blog, Instagram and Twitter to share my experience living in the Alleghany mountains and keeping you all updated with my 8 weeks in America!

Be sure to subscribe to my blog!

Also follow me on my social media platforms so you can keep up with my preparation leading up to camp.
Instagram: @a.chapm
Twitter: @AnnieRoseChapma

The Camp America countdown is officially on! 57 days to go...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time: Frodo's Great Escape

Arriving at Camp & First Impressions

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changing!